Topic: Social Media
Specific purpose: To inform the audience about the advantages and disadvantages about our everyday use of social media
Thesis: Social media has changed our lives in many ways.
Attention getting device
Social media has not been just a platform for easy and simple advanced online marketing but it has become a revolution of our century.
Thesis: Social media has changed our lives in many ways.
Many people like myself are using social media in today’s society for many things, but we don’t clearly know the advantages and disadvantages.
1. There are many advantages and disadvantages from using social media, but we tend to look at the advantages more so we tend to disregard the disadvantages.
A. One of them being fake profiles, or profile hacks
1. Catfishing- Lure someone into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona.
2. Security concerns or online hacking. Some one can hack into your account and get all of your personal information and you can possibly be a victim of identity theft.
B. According to AnxietyUK, which is an organization that is committed to raising awareness and understanding of anxiety disorders, they say social media can cause anxiety issues or depression.
1. People feel worries or uncomfortable when their social media cite is not working.
2. They need to switch off their phones and computers to secure a full-fledged break from social media.
3. People are constantly on social media and feel anxious when they are away from it.
C. Social media sites can also be a cause of obesity. 1. Researchers at Columbia University have learned that using Facebook may be tied to obesity, due to the negative eating habits that could result from frequent visitation of social networking sites. 2. Researchers additionally learned that binge eating was commonly associated with high involvement with the social media sites.
D. Social Media can also make it easier for people to cyber bully
1. Have people say things they wouldn’t say out in public
2. Make students suicidal or depressed
3. Abc’s Movie cyber bullying- is a television film that premiered on July 17, 2011 on ABC Family. ABC Family worked with Seventeen magazine to make the film, and hopes it will "delete digital drama". The film tells the story of a teenage girl who is bullied online E. It can be time consuming
1. People waste valuable time on social media sites instead of doing things like homework.
2. While there are many disadvantages to social media, there are advantages that we are fonder of. A. A great advantage of social media is keeping in touch with family members that live far away 1. A lot of older people like my grandma use Facebook to keep up with what is going on in my families life or mine. 2. It is also a way to not only keep in touch with what is going on in the world.
a speaker and a larger audience of unknown people who usually are not present with the speaker. | 4. Public speaking | A speaker delivers a message with a specific purpose to an audience of people who are present during the delivery of the speech. | 5. Source (or Sender) | Is the person who creates a message | 6. Encoding | The process of converting thoughts into words. | 7. Receiver | (Audience) The recipient of the sources message. | 8. Decoding | The process…
Speech Listening Guide Directions: Listen to the speech. Complete the information below as you listen to the speech. You will use this information to provide constructive feedback to the speaker, so make sure you take good notes and use specific examples. Before you begin listening to the speech, read over the listening guide so that you are familiar with what you should be listening for. 1. Were you able to understand the speaker clearly throughout the speech? (Be sure to note instances when…
Constructive speech analysis On my presentation speech of Informative topic was about the bibliography of Rosa Parks my task was to inform the audience about the person and telling how the person is unique. It should be introducing the audience with main ideas on my speech. Throughout my speech are some several points which I did well and what I need to work on in the future. One is a summary of the main idea of my speech about Rose Park which giving specific information about her. On my speech I beginning…
Arts, Language and Literature Division G-138 SPEECH COMMUNICATION SPCH 1311 43012 3 credit hours Fall 2013 Professor: Laura Carr Phone: (972) 860-7161 FAX (972) 860-7248 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: G-112 Office Hours MWF: 11:05 a.m. - 12:05 p.m. TR: 10:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Class: On-line/INET Aug. 26 to Oct 17 About this class Cooperative Learning is practiced in this learning studio. So then, what is Cooperative Learning? Cooperative Learning is a relationship…
examples) You must have at least four sources, that will be cited in the context of your speech, in your outline, and on your Reference section at the end of your outline (look at the Hula sample outline). These sources will help you support your main points. Make sure in the body of your speech you tell us where your information came from, and/or who said it, in other words, CITE YOUR SOURCES IN YOUR SPEECH. Sources could be books, book chapters, magazine/newspaper articles, interviews with…
Research Speech Reflection 1. My Goals: My goals for this speech were to provide enough information to be able to stay in the speech time frame, give my audience a clear explanation of how Halloween was founded, and for them to understand the true meaning of Halloween when they go out and celebrate this year. I definitely reached my time frame goal because I even went over the time that I was supposed to, which is not a good thing. But it is not as bad as being under my time limit. Next speech I will…
Organize and Outline By now, you have quite a bit of information you could include in your speech. In this lesson, you'll select the most interesting, most relevant, and most persuasive pieces of information and organize them into a clear outline. Focus: Effective Speeches Before you begin outlining the text of your speech, you want to consider the specific purpose of your speech. What effect do you want to have on the audience? What do you want them to think, believe, and feel? You also want to…
short order and using a rubric, will be professionally evaluating others! Did somebody say, “Speech?” Yes, I did… So…let’s get to our thesis (it’s a must, whether speaking or writing!) Here is very comprehensive information presented by both Pyle and the students relating to: How to give a good speech and/or presentation. First, a definition of “speech” A speech is material delivered by a speaker to an audience. One’s audience may consist…
Popular Rule is Suffocated by Corporate Personhood What information from this source seems the most important? Note key points mentioned in the source. Perhaps the most stunning weapon corporations use to dominate our world is the offensive shield of…
court that the circular of TRAI is not violative of freedom of speech and expression. Article 19(1) (a) in The Constitution of India 1949 define freedom of speech and expression as: (1) All citizens shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression; The freedom of speech and expression means the right to express one’s conviction and opinions freely by word of mouth, writing, printing, pictures or any other mode. Freedom of speech is the bulwark of a democratic government and it attaches great…